Job opportunities in social enterprise
Lighthouse Furniture Project - Chief Executve Officer
HOURS 37.5 hours per week
LOCATION Hutton, Essex. CM13 1TE
CLOSING DATE 15th January 2019
Lighthouse Furniture Project is a successful, award-winning, charity, social enterprise and Ltd. company. Founded on Christian principles and established in 2004, we are self-sufficient and have helped over 20,000 families/individuals in distressed circumstances and continue to grow this number year on year.
Our mission is to 'support people in need in Brentwood and the surrounding areas by providing good quality second-hand furniture, white goods and household items at affordable prices'especially to those in housing crisis or who are struggling to help themselves.
We work with more than 70 agencies including Essex County Council, Social Services, Children's centres, Women's Aid and homeless hostels who support us in fulfilling our mission.
Purpose of the post:
You will be taking over from the current CEO, a founder of the Project, who is retiring in 2019.
You will continue to grow the project and expand it into new areas that could further help our clients.
More information click here
Foundation East a non-profit Responsible Finance Provider are advertising for the above position.
Volunteer opportunity - YourOwn Place
Wonderful opportunity to become a Volunteer Tenancy Mentor- gain new skills, meet like-minded people and make a difference in your community.
Moving to independence is a really big step for any young person. Even more so if you've been in care, don't have lots of support or are struggling on a low income. A mentor can help to bridge the gap and be someone to chat to confidentially about goals, aspirations and difficulties along the way.
If you would like to become a mentor …
We offer you
- a fun and interactive two-day training course covering topics such as what mentoring is and isn't, listening and questioning skills, using an asset based approach, money skills exercises and child/vulnerable adult protection
- a certificate, lots of on-going support, peer encouragement, further training and celebration events and the satisfaction of helping someone else.
We ask that you
- will undertake a DBS check and short interview before we carefully match you to a mentee
- preferably meet with your mentee weekly and no less than fortnightly. The early days are critical to building a relationship and making it work
- remember the mentee is in charge of the relationship and decides what they want help with, they have the answers to their own issues they just need you to help them tease out the details or act as a sounding board
- undertake a final questionnaire to help us evaluate our services.
We will be running one of our excellent training courses
- 11th & 12th September in Lowestoft
- 25th & 26th September in Ipswich
- 10th & 11th October in Norwich
- 30th & 31st October in Stowmarket
- 20th & 21st November in Ipswich
- 4th & 5th December in Norwich
Apply to be a Volunteer Tenancy Mentor here.
Herts Independent Living (HILS)
HILS are looking to fill a variety of roles. For more information visit here