Opportunities in social enterprise
Turtle Dove - Market Research needed
This is a small social enterprise offering work experience and youth support for young women in Cambridge who are between 15-23 years old and are not in education, employment or training (NEET) or are at risk of becoming NEET. We work at events across the city providing a team for events assistance and have vintage china to hire. For more information please see: www.turtledovecambridge.com.
We are looking for a Consultant to produce a report for us including:
- Findings on the size of our potential market as we look to grow
- Findings on the pricing of our current and potential market
- Findings around the trends of timing within our current and potential market
- Market research
- Social Enterprise
- To be carried out over 2-3 days
- To be started as soon as possible
- To be completed by 31/03/2019
For more information please contact email@example.com or 07902851151 with your CV/LinkedIn page and availability.
Turtle Dove - Emotional Support Worker
Job Title: Emotional Support Worker
Position: Temporary 12 month | Part-time
Salary: Gross Salary £400 per month (£12.50 per hour)
Hours: 8 hours per week
Responsible to: Managing Director
Start date: Week commencing 1st April 2019 to 1st April 2020
Annual Leave: 45 Hours to 1st April 2020 + bank holidays (when falling on a normal working day)
This is an essential role that will enable the successful applicant to be an integral part of the delivery of our work. We are looking for someone who believes in our mission/purpose and in how we deliver our services for young women in Cambridge. You will be positive, with good youth work skills and a desire to empower and encourage young women with a history of successfully engaging young people with complex needs in various organisations. The role will largely be flexible in regards to how you engage with the young women (predominantly over the phone and face to face) working from our Cambridge office with some travel required to meet with the young women and referring agencies.
More details here
Turtle Dove are also looking for Directors.
The Directors of Turtle Dove Cambridge exist to support Turtle Dove Cambridge to fulfil their mission statement and strategy by offering advice and guidance on the operational aspects of the organisation.
Click here for more information
Wintercomfort for the Homeless
Wintercomfort for the homeless is the only day centre for the homeless in the city of Cambridge. We have been providing essential welfare, learning and development, volunteering, work experience and employment opportunities for rough sleepers, homeless people and those at risk of losing their homes for the past 28 years.
Our social enterprises form an integral element of our work at Wintercomfort creating training, volunteering and employment opportunities for our service users, while generating a financial return to the charity.
It's a really exciting time to join the Wintercomfort team as we have secured a further 3 years of Big Lottery Funding, and our social enterprise, Overstream Clean, was a finalist in the Social Enterprise UK awards 2018.
We are recruiting a Business Manager. The salary is £37,907. We offer a package of benefits and services, including pension scheme, death in service benefit and tax-efficient bicycle lease and childcare vouchers. One of our core values at Wintercomfort is to recognise and reward our staff as our greatest asset.
To fill this exciting post, we are looking for someone with the experience and skills to manage and develop the existing social enterprises, Food4Food and Overstream Clean, creating opportunities for training, volunteering, work experience and employment for our service users. The Business Manager will maximise income for the organisation and meet organisational goals working closely with the Chief Executive and the Senior Management Team. This is a very varied and exciting role which incorporates both strategic and business development alongside hands on activity.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would like to join Wintercomfort and what you could bring to this role. firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10.00am, 4 March 2019
Interview and assessments on: 13 and 14 March 2019
Volunteer opportunity - YourOwn Place
Wonderful opportunity to become a Volunteer Tenancy Mentor- gain new skills, meet like-minded people and make a difference in your community.
Moving to independence is a really big step for any young person. Even more so if you've been in care, don't have lots of support or are struggling on a low income. A mentor can help to bridge the gap and be someone to chat to confidentially about goals, aspirations and difficulties along the way.
If you would like to become a mentor …
We offer you
- a fun and interactive two-day training course covering topics such as what mentoring is and isn't, listening and questioning skills, using an asset based approach, money skills exercises and child/vulnerable adult protection
- a certificate, lots of on-going support, peer encouragement, further training and celebration events and the satisfaction of helping someone else.
We ask that you
- will undertake a DBS check and short interview before we carefully match you to a mentee
- preferably meet with your mentee weekly and no less than fortnightly. The early days are critical to building a relationship and making it work
- remember the mentee is in charge of the relationship and decides what they want help with, they have the answers to their own issues they just need you to help them tease out the details or act as a sounding board
- undertake a final questionnaire to help us evaluate our services.
We will be running one of our excellent training courses
- 11th & 12th September in Lowestoft
- 25th & 26th September in Ipswich
- 10th & 11th October in Norwich
- 30th & 31st October in Stowmarket
- 20th & 21st November in Ipswich
- 4th & 5th December in Norwich
Apply to be a Volunteer Tenancy Mentor here.
Herts Independent Living (HILS)
HILS are looking to fill a variety of roles. For more information visit here