Development of Social Enterprise Hubs encouraged for Cambs with new Grant Programme launched.
THIS FUND IS NOW CLOSED TO APPLICATIONS. SUCCESSFUL BIDS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN SEPTEMBER
Social Enterprise East of England (SEEE) is pleased to announce we will be responsible for managing the delivery of the Social Enterprise Hubs Fund which is a part of the capital investment by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority (CPCA) within the Market Towns Programme (Phase 2 – Supporting Social Enterprise in Towns and Villages)
This Phase 2 emerged as a continuance of the effort to tackle the long-standing challenges surrounding market towns, with a particular focus on strengthening local communities and supporting the Social Enterprise ecosystem in towns and villages.
The objective of the Social Enterprise Hubs Fund is safeguard and enhance social capital, employment opportunities, and skills in market towns throughout Cambridgeshire and Peterborough by stimulating social entrepreneurship and boosting the local Social Enterprise ecosystem though the implementation of Social Enterprise Hub space. The space itself will provide co-working / business startup space for social enterprises alongside community space and a retail offer for residents and communities. For example:
- Providing business support and advice – supporting businesses at all stages of their development to start, sustain, grow, and innovate, including through local networks.
- Building on local assets and networks, including supporting community interest groups
- Raising awareness of the enterprises, assets and allies those organisations can work with to add value to individual effort.
- Community outreach- including targeting and inspiring potential social entrepreneurs from disadvantaged backgrounds so that they can use their lived experience for the benefit of their communities.
- Creating and safeguarding inclusive, high-quality jobs in SE and Third Sector, enabling wider social benefits.
- Building a much stronger bond between individuals, community, and place.
- Creation of accessible community space for use by local people, increasing social vitality and reducing social isolation
- Increasing local access to services (particularly retail and hospitality).
- Driving footfall in market towns by restoring the service offer and increasing local amenity
- Increasing the local sense of pride in place and reinvigorating market towns
What’s on offer?
Capital grant funding in the range of £100-£600k (depending on the bidding asks and value of the proposals submitted) to create Social Enterprise Hubs in Cambridgeshire & Peterborough in support of the growth of social entrepreneurship and the social economy ecosystem across market towns and rural areas.
The Hubs will provide the needed co-working / business growth and startup space for social enterprises alongside community space and a retail offer for residents and communities, thereby creating the opportunity for SE organisations to co-locate, share skills, knowledge, and resources, and develop an ecosystem alongside one another, whilst supporting the local business base and community.