What you’ll learn from this workshop
The School for Social Entrepreneurs will be running a practical workshop on different dates during the year which will give you an insight into the mindset of the people who make funding decisions and what makes them tick. A panel of speakers will give you the top tips that you need to win new funding for your organisation.
- You will discover how you can generate diverse income streams from a variety of sources; grant-making organisations, major donors, philanthropists and corporate funders.
- We will show how you can find new funding opportunities and how to make the contacts that you need. You will feel more confident that you understand the range of funding available to your organisation.
- You will leave the workshop with an understanding of the different income sources available to you, insight into what a range of funders are looking for and an action plan to develop new income streams.
Who you will hear from
Each workshop will include speakers from some of the leading organisations that provide funding to the sector. Speakers have previously included:
- Trust for London
- Charities Aid Foundation
- Big Issue Invest
- Social Investment Business
- Esmee Fairbarn
- The Funding Network
Who should attend
No previous experience is necessary to to attend this course; it is suitable for staff at all levels keen to explore new sources of income for their organisation. Participants have included:
- Business Partnerships Manager, NCS Trust
- Business Development Manager, Lifeline
- Executive Director, OXPIP
- External Funding Manager, Borough of Poole
- Head of Development, Age UK
- Social Economy Development Officer, Caerphilly Council
- Business Development Manager, Mind
- Community Organiser, Movement for Change
- Governance Manager, London Borough of Islington
- Managing Director, Schools of Tomorrow
If you aren’t sure that the course is right for you give us a call on 020 7089 9120 and we can discuss it with you in more detail.
- 17th January 2020
- 9th April 2020
- 7th September 2020
- 19th November 2020
- 16th March 2021
The course takes place from 10:30am – 4:30pm at our offices in The Fire Station, 139 Tooley St, London Bridge:
For this one-day workshop, access to our speakers plus all course materials you pay:
|Organisational turnover £1m +||£149|
|Organisational turnover £500,000 – £1m||£129|
|Organisation turnover £100,000 – £499,999||£109|
|Organisational turnover less than £100,000||£79|
How to book your place
Visit the SSE website to book and pay by credit / debit card or you can request to pay by invoice. In both cases, you will be redirected to a booking form that we need you to complete.
If you have any questions about the course or the booking process please contact SSE’s Sales and Marketing Manager David McGlashan on 020 7089 9120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.